Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Trailer of the Day: The Gate



I applaud this trailer for making The Gate look almost as bizarre and terrifying as it was when I was 10. If I remember correctly they played this movie on channel 5 about 600 times a week during the summer, which is odd considering how grotesque this movie is.

I would also like to proudly proclaim that I now own this movie on DVD. Unfortunately, now that I am an adult, it's not nearly as scary as it was when I was a child (or scary at all for that matter). It is, however, still very bizarre. I'll admit it's little rough around the edges, but I think in an odd way being able to tell how fake some of the effects are adds something to its unique brand of weirdness. With a bigger budget and maybe some better writing this might have ended up as more than just a cult classic amongst children of the 80's. If any movie ever needed a remake, it's this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment