Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Trailer of the Day: The Conjuring



A friend of mine described this movie as follows:

"Not only is it a generic haunted house movie, but it's SO generic that it must be the template which all haunted house movies come from."

While I think he's pretty much dead on, I wasn't as down on it as he was. It has a couple good scares but it's still just too predictable. If you've seen a haunted house or possession movie, then you've seen this. In fact I feel like there are too many parts where it primes you for a scare then nothing happens.

On a side note, I'm amused that the trailer states: "It's not a haunting. It's not a possession". SPOILER ALERT, it's actually both! I guess since they've already shown pretty much every scare in the trailers they figured that they had to do something to draw people in. Why not just pretend the movie still has surprises!

*SIGH*

P.S. While looking up this trailer on you tube, I found this German trailer for Ghost Movie.



I don't know why, but I find this really funny. Marlon Wayans German dub is especially ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment