Friday, December 3, 2010

Trailer of the Day: Lord of Illusions


When I was a  kid I always thought that this movie and Candyman were Wes Craven films. Now that I've seen both I know this is not the case and that they are both in fact written, and in this case directed, by Clive Barker. I have no idea why I got confused between Clive Barker and Wes Craven, maybe I got them mixed up with  Wishmaster  and Nightmare on Elm St. or something.

Anyway, I was a little surprised at how good this was. Alot of films from this era were pretty bland but this has a weird plot, bizarre imagery, and a fair amount of gore. Excellent!
Also the entire time I was watching this I could not stop thinking about Gob from Arrested Development. "It's and Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money!".

No comments:

Post a Comment